Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Adults: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m.
Canyon Ridge Hospital offers “The Next Step”, a short-term day treatment program for adults, 5 days a week, 6 hours a day. This program is for patients with a primary psychiatric diagnosis who require intensive support and structure, but not 24-hour supervision. Dual diagnosis programs are available for adults with a secondary chemical dependency diagnosis.
Canyon Ridge Hospital’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is designed as an alternative to hospitalization when suitable. Patients may be enrolled directly into a PHP program or may be “stepped down” from a hospital setting to facilitate the quickest return to the home setting. PHP offers all of the program intensity of acute inpatient care without having to stay in the hospital overnight. Treatment consists of multiple treatment modalities provided in a coordinated manner to achieve short-term stabilization of immediate crises. Skilled nursing care is provided as well as routine treatment supervision by a psychiatrist. Partial Hospitalization is time-limited and concludes when the patient’s immediate presenting problem is stabilized or resolved.
Advantages of PHP:
- Patient continues to live at home, but comes to hospital for care
- Weekly psychiatric oversight and supervision
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Stabilization of condition that would otherwise result in hospitalization
- Hospital stays may be shortened by “step down” to PHP
- Less intensive, less expensive alternative to hospitalization
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Adults: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Canyon Ridge Hospital’s Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is more intensive than traditional outpatient and is designed to achieve short-term stabilization and resolution of immediate problem areas. The patient and family are offered services by a team of professionals. The patient is enrolled in a time-limited program with other patients working on similar issues. The treatment team includes psychiatrist, licensed therapists, and nurses.
Advantages of IOP:
- Individual lives at home
- Sessions may be conducted while the individual continues to go to work or school
- Individual therapy is augmented by group therapies specific to the patient’s needs
- Multiple professional disciplines work with the patient and family
- Frequency of attendance is determined by the individual’s specific needs
- Specialty programs are available