Canyon Ridge Hospital offers a complete spectrum of acute psychiatric services including:
- Inpatient Treatment: Inpatient psychiatric care is provided in a safe, stable, nurturing and therapeutic environment. Psychiatric treatment, group therapy, and structured activities are based on an individual’s needs and goals.
Acute inpatient hospitalization occurs when patient issues cannot be safely or effectively treated on an outpatient basis. It is the most intensive level of psychiatric care offered, providing 24-hour skilled nursing observation and care; interventions and oversight by a psychiatrist; and intensive, highly coordinated treatment by a physician led team of mental health professionals. Inpatient hospitalization is designed to stabilize the patient before transitioning them to less intensive levels of care. Most patients receive inpatient care for an average of 7-10 days, but length of stay is dependent upon the individualized treatment plan created by the patient and their treatment team.
Canyon Ridge Hospital offers acute inpatient care for adults and adolescents (ages 13 to 17). Dual Diagnosis programs are available for both adults and adolescents with a secondary chemical dependency diagnosis. Adults are placed on one of our three separate adult units based upon their individual needs and functioning level. Adolescents are placed on a separate unit and receive a majority of their treatment in groups divided between boys and girls.
Advantages of Acute Inpatient Care:
- Safe, controlled, structured environment
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Intensive physician and therapist involvement
- Physician led multidisciplinary treatment team
- Case Management
- Able to utilize both medication and psychotherapy, as appropriate
- Medically supervised detoxification (alcohol & drugs)
- Tutorial based school program available for adolescents
- Up to 10 hours of daily programming 7 days a week
- Assists in transition to Partial Hospitalization/Outpatient programs: Patients attend 5 days a week, 6 hours per day in extensive treatment; individual and in groups.
Partial Hospitalization Program
PHP is designed as an alternative to hospitalization. Patients may be enrolled directly into a PHP program or may be "stepped down" from a hospital setting to facilitate the quickest return to the home setting. PHP offers all of the program intensity of acute inpatient care without having to stay in the hospital overnight. Treatment consists of multiple treatment modalities (individual therapy, group therapy, education groups, family therapy and physician oversight) provided in a coordinated manner to achieve short-term stabilization of immediate crises. Skilled nursing care is provided as well as routine treatment supervision by a psychiatrist. Partial Hospitalization is time-limited and concludes when the patient's immediate presenting problem is stabilized or resolved.
Canyon Ridge Hospital offers a short-term day treatment program for adults 5 days a week, 6 hours a day. This program is for patients with a primary psychiatric diagnosis who require intensive support and structure, but not 24-hour supervision. Dual diagnosis programs are available for adults with a secondary chemical dependency diagnosis.
Advantages of PHP:
- Patient continues to live at home, but comes to hospital for care.
- Weekly psychiatric oversight and supervision
- Skilled nursing interventions
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Stabilization of condition that would otherwise result in hospitalization.
- Hospital stays may be shortened by "step down" to PHP
- Less intensive, less expensive alternative to hospitalization.
- Specialty programs available
Intensive Outpatient Program
Mental Health IOP is more intensive than traditional outpatient and is designed to achieve short-term stabilization and resolution of immediate problem areas. The patient and family are offered services by a team of professionals. The patient is enrolled in a time-limited program with other patients working on similar issues. The treatment team may include licensed therapists, nurses, program specialists and a doctor.
Canyon Ridge Hospital offers an adolescent intensive outpatient program which meets three to five times per week from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and is aimed at providing education and support. The program includes group therapy and family involvement to focus on the treatment needs of the patient.
Canyon Ridge Hospital offers an intensive adult chemical dependency outpatient program for patients who need rehabilitation from alcohol or other substance abuse. This program is offered Monday - Friday, 9:00am -12:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. The program includes education, 12-step meetings and co-dependency groups.
Advantages of IOP:
- Individual lives at home.
- Sessions may be conducted while the individual continues to go to work or school.
- Individual therapy is augmented by group therapies specific to the patient's needs.
- Multiple professional disciplines work with the patient and family.
- Frequency of attendance is determined by the individual's specific needs.
- Specialty programs available.
For further information, please call:
Canyon Ridge Hospital
5353 G Street
Chino, California 91710
We accept Medicare, Medi-cal, Kaiser and most HMO/PPO insurance. All persons will be treated at Canyon Ridge Hospital without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, or mental or physical disability, and without regard to fraternal religious or other group membership.