Limit your clothing to what you will need in the course of a one-week stay. Casual clothing is recommended.
- Two changes of casual clothing without drawstrings. For women, slacks or jeans with tops or comfortable, casual dresses. For men, slacks or jeans with casual shirts. Please note that offensive or inappropriate logos are not allowed.
- A supply of socks and underwear that will last three days. Please do not bring tube socks or leggings.
- Bring one pair of comfortable shoes without shoelaces. Open backed slippers are discouraged because of the high risk for falls.
- A sweater or light jacket without drawstrings.
- Toiletries (no glass or aluminum containers, no mirrors, no alcohol content, and no flat irons or curling irons): comb, brush, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste. The hospital can also provide toiletries, if needed.
- Unit staff must be notified at the nurses’ station whenever patient belongings are brought into or removed from the unit. These measures are essential to the maintenance of a safe environment on the unit and can reduce incidents of loss or misplacement of personal items. All prohibited items will be stored in a locker, placed in the unit safe, or sent home with family or friends.
- Please provide a list of your current prescription and over-the-counter medications, including dosages and frequency. Unless otherwise instructed by hospital staff or physicians, please leave your medications at home.
- Smoking is allowed in designated outdoor areas so you may bring tobacco items, lighters, and/or matches.
Please leave these items at home:
- Please do not bring jewelry, money, or other valuables. Money is not needed, but patients are permitted to keep up to $10.
- Any clothing with drawstrings is prohibited: sweatpants, running shorts, hoodies, pajamas, etc. Belts are also not allowed on pants.
- Electronic devices such as MP3 players, radios, cell phones, alarm clocks, or other items with a cord are prohibited.
- Do not bring your own pillow, blanket or stuffed animal, in order to control for infections.
- Food and drinks from outside of the hospital are prohibited. You will be provided with snacks in addition to regular meals.
- Do not bring any medications. All necessary medications will be provided by the facility. If are not able to provide your prescription, your supply may be sent from home.
- Luggage should be taken home by family or friends once the patient is admitted. If luggage is left, it must be properly labeled for storage.
- All patients will indicate their wishes regarding their belongings on the “Valuables and Effects” form reviewed and signed upon admission. Canyon Ridge Hospital is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles unless fully described and deposited in the Canyon Ridge Hospital safe and a receipt is issued.